Thursday, March 16, 2006

The death of .NET

Just got a new short term contract today, 7 weeks to create a web based aplication.
They hired me in because they had used .NET before and were unhappy with the development time it took to create an aplication.

I have worked with .NET people before but for all the talk about how it makes it easier to create .NET apps I have seen so many projects fall well behind scope.
It also seems very top heavy to me and I hate the code it generates.
It has some uses yes, but its not the do all aplication microsoft wants to make people believe it is.

Personally I prefer regular ASP, or even better, PHP.
Is the industry catching on.
I wonder?

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Congrats on the job.
Looking forward to seeing the finished project!

12:51 am  
Blogger darksat said...

You wont, its in Intranet application.
Sorry

1:03 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

Congrats nonetheless..

Cheers!

4:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home